In the interest of maintaining child welfare it is important to adhere to the following rules when applicable:
- All rugby coaches must respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person with whom they work with and treat them equally within the context of rugby union.
- All rugby coaches must place the physical and emotional well being of all young players above all other considerations, including the development of performance.
- The relationship that a rugby coach develops with the players with whom they work must be based on mutual trust and respect.
- All rugby coaches must ensure that all activities undertaken are appropriate to the age, maturity, experience and ability of the young players.
- All rugby coaches must encourage young players to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance.